Thursday, January 30, 2014

Yikes!

Well hello again!

It's been almost a week since I've posted! I haven't even had this things for a month and I'm already slacking! Oh but it has been a crazy week!

This weekend was a little bit more calm. I babysat for my sister and her husband on Friday night as they had date night! Saturday, we took the boys to a Play 60 park. For those of you who don't know, Play 60 parks are NFL parks designed for kids. Since we're in Charlotte, of course everything is Panthers themed! Well the boys loved it!!! Even though I could have sworn my hands were gonna fall off they were so cold, it had no effect on the kids, shocking. Saturday night, Christina and I went out with a friend. We went to the Dandelion Market in Uptown. OH MY GOODNESS, I highly recommend this place. We got there around 8:30 on a Saturday night and was seated within 15 minutes. We each picked something off the menu and ordered it one by one. The service was SO fast and everything we tried was delicious. If you are looking for a place to sit down for a while and just talk, you have to try it. After dinner, we went to a dessert bar called, Amelies. Even though the line wrapped around the side of the building, it was very very fast service. After eating only a few bites, we were full so we took it to go and headed home. Sunday was a normal day, other than the fact that I stayed home with the kiddos cause one was sick. 

This week, man, Monday seems like lightyears ago. Business at my internship picked up a lot and I actually had a lot of things to do. Tuesday was the one day of the year that Charlotte got snow! It started snowing around 4pm so I left work early and headed to Christina and Dan's. By the time I was ready to go to bed, we probably had close to two inches already, which is a HUGE deal in the south. Thankfully, I was house sitting for a lady in their neighborhood so I was able to just walk home. When I got up, the roads were covered! I texted my boss and declared I was having a snow day. Okay, so it didn't go quite like that. More along the lines of telling him I was too scared to drive in the snow and he said it was okay to stay home. I hiked back over to Christina and Dan's and not to my surprise, the boys were already playing in the back yard. I don't function well in the cold so I plopped myself down on the couch and didn't move most of the day. After lunch, I knew something was wrong. My body was aching and I had no desire to even smell food, which is very rare for me. I took some medicine and tried to suck it up. I went back to the house I was house sitting for fairly early in hopes that a good night sleep would fix everything. Boy was I wrong, I woke up about every hour with shooting pains going up my back and nausea. I did everything I could think of to fix it, but nothing was working. What felt like just a few seconds more of sleep, my alarm clock went off. I stuffed some more medicine in me and some how made it to work. Thankfully, today has been fairly busy so my mind has not been on the pain. I can only hope the next few hours fly by!

On a happier note, this weekend will be the first weekend that my boyfriend is coming to visit me in Charlotte! Woohoo! I was suppose to go down to Clemson, but with as much pain that I'm in, I couldn't fathom driving for that long. I'm just praying that the pain will go away just long enough so that I can have a good weekend with Matt.

I know this blog is rather boring and most people aren't gonna want to read about my week, but that's okay! After all, this blog is for me, not you! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment