Wednesday, April 16, 2014

I Am A Clemson Tiger. I Am A Christian.

I would love to say that I am a person who could just let things roll off my back, that I am not the type of person that is a fighter, that I am calm, cool, and collected in all situtions, butttttt being realistic, I am just not that person. Never have been, more than likely, never will be. When something rubs me the wrong way, you will know... trust me! Plus, I've never been good at keeping my mouth shut. 

This week something has just TICKED ME OFF! Never in a million years did I think that I was ever going to be tested for my faith, not in America. I live in the South, I grew up in a Christian home, most of my friends either believe the same as me or accepts it. But we have come to a cross road. And I could not be more proud to go to Clemson University where Dabo Swinney and the rest of the coaches care more about a player's heart than they do about their career.

THERE! I said it! Hate me if you want! But what the heck has this world come to if our coach is getting persecuted for investing his time and life into these players not just on the field but in their lives? Please tell me everyone else is finding this just as ridiculous as I am! 

Let me just say one thing about this "Freedom From Religion Foundation".... they are proclaimed atheists basically trying to make sure that nobody is getting bullied into religion... okay... fine. I don't want people getting bullied into any religion either. BUT you can't get bullied into Christianity because it is not a religion, it is a relationship with God! PLUS Dabo is no bully! Yes, Dabo is a proclaimed Christian and YES he organizes bible studies and baptisms for our football boys, BUT it is all optional. Whenever Dabo does any of this, he does this on his OWN time and his OWN money. Whether or not the boys go or participate does not effect their scholarship or playing time. Dabo is professional, but above that, he is a FANTASTIC coach. Yes, he is going to play the atheist player over the christian player if the atheist player deserves it. 

It is so sad that we now live in a world that coaches are going to have to think twice before they care for the football players. It is so sad that we have to tip toe around people's religion because nobody is accepting anymore. It is so sad how corrupted and empty this world has become.  

This whole organization is making me question the true meaning of "freedom." Maybe Dabo is investing more into these boys than other coaches would, but while he has the championship in mind, he has a bigger goal for the end. 

SO, I am proud to be a Clemson Tiger. I am proud to sing Tiger Rag every Saturday in the fall. I am proud to support Dabo and EVERYTHING he does for those boys. I am proud to go to school where people are proud of who they are. But above all else, I AM PROUD TO BE A CHRISTIAN. 

via
Here's a quote for a representative of the FFRF that sets me off a little:
"What we'd like to see is the end of this chaplaincy position and end to Bible distributions by coaches, an end to devotionals scheduled and put on by coaches and staff. The coaches need to step back and just coach (football) and not coach in religious matters."
THIS PISSES ME OFF

If you just have no idea what I am talking about, here's a link to article about the whole situation! I would really like to throw in a few choice worlds about this foundation.... but I'm trying to be Christ-like here!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment